Renta Security is your security if you leased equipment suffers damage during work!Ask your local lease giver.
WHY RENTA SECURITY?
By choosing Renta Security to secure you leased equipment you can reduce your liability.For example, in case of damage, it is cheaper to pay own risk than replace leased equipment.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF DAMAGE?
Contact Renta personnel immediately.Report the damage and take photos of the damaged equipment and the location.
WHAT IS RENTA SECURITY FOR?
You can buy Renta Security to all individual Renta products*. *Excl. construction site premises
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Renta Security is an affordable precaution in case of damages.Renta Security is fixed price: it is always 7% of Renta lease list price.Renta Security and own risk are value-added-taxable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By choosing Renta Security to secure you leased equipment you can reduce your liability based on the valid leasing terms and conditions of the technical equipment leasing companies (below TK Konevuokraus), including addition of Renta Oy. The client’s liability according to Renta Security is determined according to the product-specific own liability specified in the contract. In situations where actual repair costs are less than own liability, only actual costs are charged. Renta Security and own liability are VAT taxable.
2. The objects of Renta Security are the equipment and devices specified in the lease contract between Renta Oy and the client, for which the client has chosen Renta Security. Renta Security is valid for the lease period of each piece of equipment or device and in Finland only. The liability for leased equipment transported outside Finland is determined according to valid terms and conditions of TK Konevuokraus.
3. The validity of Renta Security requires that the client pays the rental (including the Renta Security installments) on time and in full amount on due days.
4. The validity of Renta Security also requires the leased object to be returned to the Renta Oy branch from where it was leased or to another branch specified by the leasing branch. In some cases at their own discretion Renta Oy can accept inspection and repair of the leased object at the client’s site.
5. Renta Oy can specify Renta Security obligatory to a leased object, in which case the product is only leasable with Renta Security selected by the client. At their own discretion Renta Oy has the right to leave some of its equipment outside Renta Security as well as the right to refuse Renta Security.
6. According to Renta Security, the client’s liability is limited to a pre-defined liability when:
• the client has selected Renta Security for the products and accepted to be charged for the related costs, and
• the leased object is damaged or destroyed suddenly and unpredictably during the lease period. In other cases, the client fully liable.
7. However, Renta Security never covers the following damages even if the client has selected Renta Security for the leased object. In the following situations the client’s liability is determined according to the valid terms and conditions of TK Konevuokraus:
• the damage has been caused on purpose or due negligence,
• the damage has been caused when moving or using the leased object against use or installation instructions or those issued by authorities,
• the damage has been caused by unauthorized use, theft or other crime or criminal activity related to the damage,
• the damage has been caused when moving or using the leased object under the effect of alcohol or drug or other substance that impacts performance,
• the damage has been caused by vandalism or scratching, • punctured tyres, • the damage has been caused to consumable substances or items used on the leased product, such as fuel or lubrication or other liquid, • the equipment is lost or forgotten or its loss can only be noted at the time of scheduled inventory, • the damage has been caused by demolition or excavation work, • the damage has been caused by plastering, sand-blowing, painting or other similar work that significantly soils or erodes the equipment, • the damage has been caused by using or handling substances and materials that significantly soil, corrode or erode the equipment, • the damage is due to force of nature, such as flood, storm or rain, • damages to a third party.The above list of examples is not an exhaustive list of situations where Renta Security does not apply.8. Renta Security is not an insurance but a way to limit the client’s liability as agreed in section 6.Renta Security does not compensate for any immediate or indirect damages caused related to the leased object or its use to Renta Oy, the client, their personnel or property or any third party.In particular and as an example, Renta Security does not compensate for the costs caused by transport, replacement or disassembly but the client is liable for these.9. The payments that concern Renta Security are not returned to the client whether there is damage to the leased object or not.In case the client decides to extend the lease period, Renta Oy charges Renta Security for the extended period if Renta Security was included in the original lease period.Renta Security’s own liability is charged immediately at the return of the leased equipment or within a reasonable time from when Renta Oy observes the damage.10. In case the client has neglected Renta Security payment or lease payment in full (incl. VAT), the liability is determined according to the valid terms and conditions of TK Konevuokraus.11. Renta Security is always secondary in relation to the client’s insurance to cover the leased object’s damage.In this kind of situations the client is obliged to first claim all compensation in accordance with the insurance terms for the leased object from the insurance company.The client is obliged to pay to Renta Oy all received insurance compensation even if their amount exceeds their own liability according to Renta Security.12. Leased equipment repair and restoration is taken care of by Renta Oy, including situations where Renta Security does not cover for the costs and the client is liable for the costs.